Job Posting -Part-time Academic Coach
Part-time Academic Coach
This position provides academic coaching and learning strategy assistance for select student populations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide executive skills/academic coaching services and learning strategy instruction for assigned students
- Perform additional administrative duties to contribute toward effective implementation of office programs and services.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong desire to assist others in achieving their success- an ‘empowerer’ not an ‘enabler’
- Ability to handle sensitive issues ethically
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Excellent listening, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills that promote effective working relationships with diverse populations
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Capacity to handle unexpected and potentially emergency situations in consultation with Trine officials
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, and ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Constant demonstration of student-centered attitude in all work interactions
- Capacity and willingness to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Displayed commitment to represent Trine in a positive and professional manner
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree, with preference to degrees and/or experience in education
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.