Job Positing - Administrative Assistant - PA Program- Ft. Wayne
Administrative Assistant - PA Program
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The position of Administrative Assistant requires an individual who can provide academic and professional support within the program, school, university, and community. He/she must be committed to the centrality of a Trine University education and possess the ability to support faculty in achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship, outreach, and engagement. He/she should have a broad understanding of appropriate academic programs and potential future directions, as well as be flexible, visionary, creative and energetic. He/ she will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and management of a comprehensive program of assessment for the purpose of ensuring program effectiveness in accordance with ARC-PA accreditation standards. He/ she performs administrative duties to support the program and it’s administration, faculty, students and committees.
This postition will provide service to the university, community and the PA profession, while fully supporting Trine’s mission of preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve. The Administrative Assistant reports to the PA Program Director.
- Assist in comprehensive and ongoing accreditation processes (especially self-assessment & analysis) with a high level of accuracy
- Serve as receptionist for the Trine University School of Health Sciences Fort Wayne campus, answering phones and greeting visitors
- Research, assemble, create and distribute correspondence, reports, syllabi, and other program documentation with a high level of accuracy
- Maintain and distribute department manuals, handbooks, forms or other materials
- Create and maintain effective filing systems, electronic and hard copy
- Employ office technology and equipment including computers, laptops, printers, scanners, copiers, etc.
- Assist with classroom, office and laboratory technology use, instruction and maintenance
- Purchase program supplies and equipment as directed
- Assist with student admissions and orientation processes
- Interact with faculty and clinical preceptors
- Promote PA program and PA profession to potential students and community
- Additional duties and assignments as prescribed by the Program Director
- Attend faculty meetings and participate in faculty committees including program strategic plan and accreditation
- Flexibility, visionary, creative, energetic
- Team player with exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational ability, able to multi-task, track and maintain large volumes of data
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Detail oriented
- Exemplary personal conduct
- Motivation to create and build upon an innovative quality program
- Attention to duty
- Desire for self-improvement
- Minimum of two (2) years of administrative support with a record of excellence
- Knowledge and/ or experience with program assessment or ARC-PA accreditation preferred
- High level of computer and computer software literacy required (MS Office with Excel, Access, SPSS, WebAdmit, etc)
- Knowledge and/ or experience of pedagogy, student learning outcomes, learning theory, rubrics, statistics, or psychometrics preferred
- Ability to train others on complex processes
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
This position requires occasional climbing, stooping, crawling, lifting, pulling and pushing loads of 50 lbs., carrying and climbing, reaching both high and low. Frequently requires walking, standing, and balancing. Constantly requires sitting, repititious finger and wrist movement, speaking clearly, hearing conversations, hearing (with acuity), seeing near and far with depth perception with color vision. Exerting 20-50 pounts of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, are required
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applications will begin immediately, however this position will not likely have a start date until Mid-July to Mid- August.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.