Job Posting - Assistant Director of Human Resources
Assistant Director of Human Resources
The Assistant Director of Human Resources provides assistance to the Director of Human Resources with interpretation and implementation of policies, and/or programs related to human resources which could include: staffing and recruitment, university policies and procedures, compensation, benefits, performance reviews, training and development, and HRIS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recommendations and implementation of best practice policies and procedures
- Assist with recruitment and interview process
- Coordinates the processing of new hires within ADP and prepares new-employee files
- Coordinates the part-time new hire process of the federal work-study program and internships for the University
- Reviews and monitors personnel data entered into ADP to ensure validity and accuracy
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation / sick time, insurance and 403(b) deductions
- Process bi-weekly payroll and reconcile payroll reports
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs
- Administers health plans including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions
- Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand University benefits
- Participates on committees and special projects
- In the absence of the Director take authorized action and use initiative and judgement to see that matters requiring attention are handled in a manner that minimizes the effect of absence
- Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires an extremely detail oriented person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations. Must be able to safeguard confidential and sensitive information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources
- 2-4 years experience in Human Resources
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification is preferred
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.