Assistant / Associate Professor of Physical Therapist Assistant
Assistant/Associate Professor - Physical Therapist Assistant
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The Physical Therapist Assistant program at Trine University in Fort Wayne is seeking a dedicated physical therapist or physical therapist assistant with a passion for education. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the creation and development of an outstanding, innovative physical therapist assistant program in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We are accepting applications for this 12-month position that will begin June 1st 2021 for the 2021/2022 academic year. Faculty rank will be based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a core member of the program faculty, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the design, planning, and assessment of the curriculum; teaching, advising and mentoring students; and engaging in scholarship and service activities.
Education and/or Experience
- Hold a current license to practice as a physical therapist assistant or physical therapist.
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of two years of post-graduate clinical experience
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Preferred Qualification - Prior experience in teaching and student assessment in a formal academic setting (classroom and/or lab setting) or a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a clinical instructor
- Prior experience in teaching and student assessment in a formal academic setting (classroom and/or lab setting) or a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a clinical instructor
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application materials should include a focused letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.