Job Posting - Assistant/Associate Professor of Leadership
Assistant/Associate Professor of Leadership
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: Angola, Indiana
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Leadership must ensure that the program adheres to the academic policies, procedures, and philosophy of Trine University to provide students with a quality educational experience that will assist them in achieving their academic and career goals. The Assistant/Associate Professor of Leadership will assume leadership roles which will include: advising and mentoring students, being a member of the doctoral program admissions committee; recruitment activities for new students, curriculum development and teaching, PhD library guide enhancements and Dissertation committee assignments. The Assistant/Associate Professor of Leadership will also provide curriculum input for the Master of Science in Leadership and the Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Individual Department(s) Assignments:
- Maintain a Ph.D. course load each year.
- Read scholarly journals and attend professional conferences to stay abreast of developments in the field.
- Serve as a member of hiring, education, technology, ethics and other department and university-wide committees as needed.
- Participate in the wider community outreach initiatives such as serving on committees and/or presenting as a content area expert.
- Mentor and supervise the Ph.D. students.
- Introduce the Ph.D. students to active researchers in related research networks.
- Ensure that the Ph.D. students establish contacts with active researchers outside of Trine University.
- Actively utilize and develop computer technology strategies to enhance the Ph.D. program including connecting with the Ph.D. students using Trine University’s distant learning method.
Course and Program Development:
- Provide recommendations for policy, curriculum, and program changes.
- Maintain and update the program website, the student handbook, and the program marketing materials.
- Follow HLC guidelines to assess the Ph.D. program.
- Review and participate in development and redevelopment of courses including the review of program objectives and course learning outcomes within the Ph.D, Master of Science in Leadership and Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership.
Recruiting and Admissions:
- Participate in marketing and recruitment efforts for the Ph.D. program.
- Organize networking events for the community to increase recognition for the Ph.D. program.
- Develop an annual strategic marketing plan for the Ph.D. program.
Recruitment and Retention:
- Promote and plan applicant visits to campus including tours and personal interviews.
- Provide students with the academic advising and support need to ensure all capable and motivated students complete.
- Provide professional development opportunities to students including presentations, seminar series, professional organization information, and other development opportunities.
Records and Maintenance:
- Assist in coordinating and scheduling student dissertation defenses.
- Serve as the academic advisor for the Ph.D. students including guiding student academic progress.
- Maintain contact with alumni to foster program and university support.
- Seek additional opportunities to partner with the Alumni and Development department.
- Coordinate in the development of student journal article submissions.
- Assist in conducting surveys of students, graduates, and/or employers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Ph.D in leadership or related field of study. Review of experience will determine if applicant will be offered Assistant or Associate title.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.