Assist the Registrar in overseeing all operations of the Registrar's office. Under limited supervision, administers the overall operations of the records office, including areas such as management of student records, official and unofficial transcripts, grades, graduation process, monitoring academic guidelines, and related matters. Ensures compliance with Family Rights and Privacy Act and all other applicable regulations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review files of new incoming students including but not limited to International Services, the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, and the College of Health Professions.
- Monitors academic standing; coordinates probation, suspension, dean's lists and president’s list, as appropriate.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Manages grade and transcript processing.
- Assists with preparations for the annual commencement ceremony. Help as needed with the hooding and honors ceremonies.
- Compiles statistical information and prepares reports.
- Coordinates responses to inquiries concerning academic performance, and resolves problems regarding the management of student records.
- Enters students' schedule in computer during registration and add/drop periods. Work with faculty and staff to adjust wait lists as needed during early registration.
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance with the University, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
- Be familiar with certification of athletic eligibility for student-athletes.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Represents the Registrar’s Office at various committees and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of academic standards governing student probation, suspension, and/or expulsion.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws regarding student records.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of on-line degree audit reporting system.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized student information systems.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of student-athlete academic eligibility requirements.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree, with preference to degrees and/or experience in education.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.