Job Posting - Bowling Center Manager and Assistant Club Bowling Coach
Bowling Center Manager and Assistant Club Bowling Coach
Support responsibilities of Athletic Dept. by leading the Trine University Bowling Center and Assist with club bowling. Responsible for the day-to-day front end and back end operations of this newly constructed 6-lane QubicaAMF bowling facility. Operate the front desk including open and close procedures. Order lane supplies as needed. Manage and follow university guidelines to maintain a balanced budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Front desk management includes open/close shifts, handling lane/shoe rental.
- Run related sales reports by shift for regular bowling or special events.
- Operate front desk during bowling for students, intramurals, student events, or outside events such as birthday parties, community bowling, etc.
- Make lane sales deposits to the university business office.
- Managing staff and student workers including work scheduling and approval of payroll.
- Maintain inventory of lane cleaning and office supplies.
- Cleaning of bowling lanes daily or as needed.
- Light cleaning as needed following closing to maintain a presentable space due to campus tours and guest visits.
Other requirements include:
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to safely lift/push/pull heavy equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Must have great customer service skills
Bowling Assistant Coach Responsiblities:
- Assist with all day to day related coaching activites:
- Oversee Athletes
- Practice planning
- Set athletic performance plan
- Oversee athlete academic performance
- Assist with team discipline as needed
- As well as any additional duties assigned by AD
- Maintain fiscally responsible budgeting policies.
- Handle all aspects of team within University, conference and club policies and procedures.
- Lead all day to day recruiting activities.
- Recruit bowlers to grow the Trine Bowling program.
- Continually grow the bowling program as University recruiting goals dictate.
- Assist head coach with recruiting strategy and plan
- Identify and recruit quality student athletes
- Arrange for on campus recruiting days/activities
- Individually responsible for additional recruits
- Maintain quality and open relationships with area high school coaches
- Assist with special events of the athletic department.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.