Building Mechanic - Electrician
Building Mechanic - Electrician
Location: Angola, IN
Campus Operations maintenance personnel provide services designed to create a vibrant, welcoming and safe environment by maintaining assigned areas through general maintenance, inspections, minor construction and repairs of University assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs safety inspection of facility’s Life Safety Equipment, (fire extinguishers, exit signs/lights and emergency lights, generators, fire doors, fire alarm systems).
- Performs safety inspections and repairs of buildings, fleet and grounds.
- Performs security inspections and repairs of exterior doors and windows.
- Locate university owned underground utilities
- Serve as lead electrician – provide other mechanics/maintenance personnel direction on electrical related items
- Maintain fire alarm system device and electrical shop stock inventory
- Wire commercial and residential lighting, switches, motors, pumps, fans
- Monitor and adjust programs and daily schedules in building systems computer.
- Troubleshoot and repair of commercial refrigeration, chillers and air conditioning systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair residential and commercial electrical systems
- Monitors daily operation of heating, cooling, water conditioning and domestic hot water boilers.
- Perform minor repairs on electrical, mechanical, plumbing and building systems (ballast replacement, switch replacement, filters replacement, roof leaks, unplugs sinks and stools, etc.).
- Performs minor repairs to interior and exterior finishes (ceiling tile, floor tile, carpet, painting, glass, cabinets, chalkboards, book shelves, bulletin boards, walls, doors, railings and partitions, etc.).
- Performs inspections and minor repairs to exterior (roof, roof drains, down spouts, etc.).
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks for electrical, HVAC, plumbing and building systems.
- Completes and submits the required paperwork (time sheets, work orders, material slips, etc.) daily.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with management, administration, faculty and staff.
- Communicates and reviews short and long term needs to POM.
- Employee shall be available for after hour return to work requests. On Call rotation schedule.
- Employee shall be available for occasional week-end work. On Call rotation schedule.
- Employee will assist with snow removal. Clear snow from building entrances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Electrician license or certificate or three years of experience in commercial or residential electrical or building maintenance and troubleshooting, repair and installation of electrical devices and systems. Applicant must be willing to complete a skills assessment prior to the final interview. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.