DPT / PTA Clinical Coordinator
DPT / PTA Clinical Coordinator
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The position of Clinical Coordinator requires an individual who can provide academic and professional leadership within the program, school, university, and community. He/she must be committed to the centrality of a Trine University education and possess the ability to support faculty in achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship, outreach, and engagement. He/she should have a broad understanding of appropriate academic programs and potential future directions; be flexible, visionary, creative and energetic; and possess a demonstrated capacity to lead faculty and staff. He/ she will be responsible for establishing clinical sites for the experiential phase of training and the ongoing coordination and assessment of these experiences. He/ she will participate in the ongoing program(s) accreditation process. The Clinical Coordinator will provide service to the university, community and the DPT and PTA professions, while fully supporting Trine’s mission of preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve. The Clinical Coordinator reports to the Directors of Clinical Education.
- Assists in the design, implementation, evaluation and revision of a practice-oriented curriculum.
- Oversee all aspects of clinical phase of curriculum including student progression to graduation.
- Assists in the establishment, coordination, and continual assessment of clinical sites for experiential phase of training.
- Interacts with faculty and clinical education faculty.
- Promotes DPT / PTA program and DPT / PTA professions to potential students and community.
- Participates in selecting applicants for admission to the program.
- Participates in comprehensive and ongoing accreditation processes (including self-assessment & analysis).
- Establishes collaborative relationships, including sites for experiential placements, within the healthcare community of Fort Wayne and the region.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinates the onboarding process of incoming students: including frequent communication with incoming students regarding the expected immunizations and student orientation requirements for contracted health systems associated with the program; reviewing and approving of these required documents.
- Reviews and approves annual and program required documents related to clinical education.
- Assists in the development and execution of the annual new student orientation day.
- Audits the CARE receipts and monthly financial statements, notifying the DCE of any discrepancies or variances.
- Assists with the organization and implementation of school events including lab practical exams, interview days, and CARE Instructor meetings.
- Acts as a witness, as needed, for confidential discussions with students.
- Develops relationships with clinical sites for student placement, providing site with appropriate information regarding placement; contacts student regarding clinical placements as appropriate.
- Initiates requests for Certificates of Liability for contracts and student clinical rotations.
- Assists Directors of Clinical Education with clinical rotation preparation, including checking and maintaining site specific student requirements.
- Maintains relations with clinical sites for contract initiation or renewal, including obtaining necessary information about site, entering, maintaining and processing appropriate information into clinical education database, and staying current with any changes and updates.
- Creates, organizes, and sends the various pieces of information (Clinical Instructor Certificates, Admission – Immunizations, etc) to clinical sites. Consults with Directors of Clinical Education to ensure accuracy.
- Assists Directors of Clinical Education with accreditation reports pertaining to clinical education, including alumni and employer surveys.
- Assists all of DPT / PTA faculty with editing, organizing, and archiving the Shared Drive to promote efficient and friendly use.
- Develops and coordinates DPT / PTA Program newsletter to stakeholders.
- Attends DPT /PTA Program and Clinical Education Program meetings.
- Creates tutorial materials for onboarding and training students in the clinical education software system.
- Other outcomes/duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including data entry in spreadsheets.
- Capable of learning multiple software platforms, assisting the students in the navigation of each software system used in clinical education.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies and inaccuracies in documents and processes, and make corrections as required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all individuals at all levels within and outside of the organization; Demonstrates an ability to assess barriers to effective communication and adapt one's communication based on customer's response; Able to ask questions in a manner to draw out appropriate and needed information.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:;
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The program also offers the opportunity for a clinical release day.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Projected starting date can be immediate. Trine University reserves the right to verify academic (transcripts) and professional credentials prior to extending offers of employment. Please include a cover letter, resume/CV, and references when applying.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.