Nursing Clinical Coordinator
Nursing Clinical Coordinator
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The position of Clinical Coordinator requires an individual who can provide academic and professional leadership within the program, school, university, and community. He/she must be committed to the centrality of a Trine University education and possess the ability to support faculty in achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship, outreach, and engagement. He/she should have a broad understanding of appropriate academic programs and potential future directions; be flexible, visionary, creative and energetic; and possess a demonstrated capacity to lead faculty and staff. He/ she will be responsible for providing support to faculty in the process of establishing clinical sites and to students and preceptors with the necessary agreements and forms. He/ she will participate in the ongoing program(s) accreditation process. The Clinical Coordinator will provide service to the university, community and the nursing profession, while fully supporting Trine’s mission of preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve. The Clinical Coordinator reports to the Director of Nursing
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops relationships with clinical sites for student placement, providing site with appropriate information regarding placement; contacts student regarding clinical placements as appropriate.
- Maintains relations with clinical sites for contract initiation or renewal, including obtaining necessary information about site, entering, maintaining and processing appropriate information into clinical education database, and staying current with any changes and updates.
- Coordinates the onboarding process of incoming students: including frequent communication with incoming students regarding the expected immunizations and student orientation requirements associated with the program; reviewing and approving of these required documents in CastleBranch.
- Assists faculty with clinical rotation preparation, including checking and maintaining site specific student requirements.
- Maintain tracking of admission, progression and completion of nursing students
- Assist and participate in the ongoing nursing program accreditation process including assisting with accreditation reports pertaining to clinical education, including alumni and employer surveys.
- Assists in the process of recruitment, admission and orientation of students.
- Assists with the onboarding of new faculty
- Assist in the research, creation and distribution of reports, syllabi, and other program documentation with a high level of accuracy
- Interact with faculty and clinical preceptors in a personable and professional manner
- Promote Trine’s school programs to potential students and the community
- Attend and assist in the documentation of faculty meetings and faculty committees
- Additional duties and assignments as prescribed by the Director of Nursing
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including data entry in spreadsheets.
- Capable of learning multiple software platforms, assisting the students in the navigation of each software system used in clinical education.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies and inaccuracies in documents and processes, and make corrections as required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all individuals at all levels within and outside of the organization; Demonstrates an ability to assess barriers to effective communication and adapt one's communication based on customer's response; Able to ask questions in a manner to draw out appropriate and needed information.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:;
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.