Director of Clinical Education
Director of Clinical Education
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The Trine University Masters of Science in Speech Language Pathology Program (MS-SLP) Director of Clinical Education (DCE) reports to the Program Director and will have the opportunity to help build a top tier clinical education program for the MS-SLP with the full support of the University. The College of Health Professions is committed to educational excellence, producing outstanding graduates, and making a positive impact on the health care needs of our communities through service, leadership and scholarship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the design, plan, implementation and assessment of clinical education and other aspects of the MS-SLP program.
- Provide ongoing coordination and evaluation of clinical education curriculum.
- Teach two academic courses each year.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget for the operation of the clinical education curriculum.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with clinical partners throughout Northeast Indiana to ensure students have sufficient practicum and externship sites.
- Serve on program, college, and/or University committees as assigned.
- Engage in scholarship and service activities consistent with University and accreditation requirements.
- Advise and mentor students.
Education and/or Experience
- A master’s degree required, a Ph. D. or Ed. D. preferred
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills to ensure quality learning experiences for students, and effective collaboration with clinical partners.
- Candidates must be ASHA certified, licensed or eligible to be licensed as a speech language pathologist in the State of Indiana, able to travel, and have experience supervising students in clinical education activities, either in the academic or clinical environment.
- Proven record of teaching excellence.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with MS-SLP program development, administration, and ASHA accreditation.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:;
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The program also offers the opportunity for a clinical release day.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Projected starting date can be immediate. Trine University reserves the right to verify academic (transcripts) and professional credentials prior to extending offers of employment. Please include a cover letter, resume/CV, and references when applying.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.