Director of Alumni Relations
Director of Alumni Relations
The Director will develop and manage a comprehensive program of alumni activities and events that will build positive relationships with graduating students and alumni. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented with a mind for the broader picture. The best candidate will take initiative and ownership of projects, seeing them through with excellence. Must be flexible to work some evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Design and implement new programs to increase affinity of all alums.
- Staff Liaison to the Alumni Board leadership; support events and activities and ensure alignment with current university strategies and goals.
- Develop and manage programming and service for alumni that emphasize collaboration with campus partners such as Innovation One, Academic Units, and all regional campuses.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics to expand interest and participation is existing Alumni events.
- Manage mass communication with alumni, which may take the form of e-newsletters, website management and content development, social media management, event mailings, and more.
- Develop and administer department of alumni budget.
- Staff liaison for the Student Foundation organization.
- Develop and manage alumni-focused events including annual Homecoming celebration with alumni awards, graduation focused-celebrations, and other events that will be developed as needed to reach strategic goals.
- Review events on a regular basis to ensure all are contributing to strategic goals of alumni engagement and fundraising.
- Assist in growing the alumni giving participation rate each year.
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level fundraising prospects.
- Complete personal visits as set each year with supervisor
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Two or more years of experience working in alumni relation or in event planning.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary, with a philosophy of teamwork and hands on implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ability to interact with all types of individuals.
- Travel is expected.
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.