Job Posting - Director of the Annual Fund
Director of the Annual Fund
The Director of the Annual Fund is responsible for the organization, initiation, implementation, and supervision of a comprehensive annual giving program that will maximize current operating support from alumni, parents and corporations; provide for the consistent long-term growth of such support both within and outside of major capital fund drives; and encompass technique of direct mail, phone campaign and personal solicitation, by both the staff and volunteers.
- Design and develop a strategic plan and an annual operating plan for the long-term expansion of gift income and alumni and parent donor pools. Strategy would incorporate increasing donor retention and pledge fulfillment and acquisition of new alumni donors and leadership donors.
- Provide leadership and direction for mail, phone, internet, and social media fundraising strategies.
- Responsible for the conceptualization and development of a strong Annual Fund brand and messaging. Scope will include but not exclusive to annual fund case statements, all positioning and marketing materials, internet and social media design and messaging. Review and approve all annual giving communications, including direct mail appeals, brochures, postcards, form letter acknowledgments, etc.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationships with the Division of Development and Alumni including staff in major giving fundraising, gift recording, and donor relations.
- Develop and implement a strategy for engagement of parent donors.
- Work closely with University Communications in coordination of any giving strategies, mass marketing appeals and overall Annual Fund branding.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with a preference for Marketing and/or Communications.
- Two years of experience in annual alumni fundraising or related programs. Equivalent combinations of education/experience may be considered.
- Proven track record of fundraising, personal solicitations and the development of successful support materials.
- Previous experience working with volunteers and special events coordination.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary, with a philosophy of teamwork and hands on implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ability to interact with all types of individuals.
- Travel is expected.
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.