Director of Student Leadership
Director of Student Leadership
The Director of Student Leadership is responsible for fostering essential social relationships, cultivating community, and developing leadership skills through involvement with Trine Student Government, various student organizations, and service opportunities in the Trine community.
Excellent customer service and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and other departmental staff. This position requires flexible scheduling that may include occasional evening and weekend work. Enthusiastic demeanor, strong communication, professionally-positive social media presence, and organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary.
The Director of Student Leadership has the responsibility to perform the following:
- Plan, implement, and coordinate all Orientation programming including SOAR, Spring Orientation, and Fall Orientation
- Hire, train, and supervise SOAR and Orientation Leader student team
- Organize all programming for Week of Welcome; negotiate contracts for external vendors and plan schedule of events
- Manage logistics for move-in/check-in dates for fall semester
- Update and order student planners, campus resource guides, and student handbook annually
- Serve as co-advisor for Greek Life, Student Government, and National Society of Leadership & Success
- Oversee the Student Government budget allocation spending process in partnership with the Student Government Treasurer
- Maintain all registered student organization records and collect all necessary updates each semester
- Manage all student organization fundraising approvals and campus space reservations
- Serve as main contact for all details of the Campus Activities Website (Presence); including organizational management, assigning administrative access to staff/student leaders, updating activities/events
- Plan and implement Month of Service activities (including but not limited to MLK Day of Service, Serve 60 Initiatives, PBJathon) and on-going service initiatives with EducationOne
- Update the Campus Life webpage as needed
- Serve on campus committees
- Assist the Director of Student Activities as needed with programming/events
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week and when necessary, work evenings and weekends and when activity concerns demand his/her presence
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Engagement and Vice President for Student Success and Engagement
Education and/or Experience
An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent higher education experience and training preferred.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.