Director of MSIS
Director of MSIS
The Director of MSIS must be committed to lead the computer science and information technology program with passion, vision, and enthusiasm for teaching to deliver courses while managing the undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The Director of MSIS program must be committed to the centrality of Trine University education and possess the ability to support faculty in achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship, outreach and engagementment of prospective graduate students in an assigned territory from inquiry to enrollment by various means, and may exercise independent discretion and judgement to accomplish these tasks. The Director of Graduate Admission assists the candidate in completing the application, and acquiring the necessary documents required for admissions into the school.
Essential Duties and Other Responsibilities:
Individual Department(s) Assignments:
- Maintain a two course load each semester.
- Read scholarly journals and attend professional conferences to stay abreast of developments in the field.
- Serve as a member of hiring, education, technology, ethics and other department and university-wide committees as needed.
- Participate in the wider community outreach initiatives such as serving on committees and/or presenting as a content area expert.
Course and Program Development:
- Provide recommendations for policy, curriculum, and program changes for undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Oversee faculty in computer and information technology
- Work with internal and external constituents in development of new and exciting degree programs offered via multiple delivery methods.
- Build partnerships with community and industry leaders and represent the University’s outreach and recruitment efforts to external audiences.
- Maintain and update the program website, the student handbook, and the program marketing materials.
- Follow HLC guidelines to assess the relevant programs.
- Review and participate in development and redevelopment of courses including the review of program objectives and course learning outcomes within both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Recruiting and Admissions:
- Participate in marketing and recruitment efforts for the Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.
Recruitment and Retention:
- Provide students with the academic advising and support need to ensure all capable and motivated students complete.
- Provide professional development opportunities to students including presentations, seminar series, professional organization information, and other development opportunities.
- Seek additional opportunities to partner with the Alumni and Development department.
- Coordinate in the development of student journal article submissions.
- Assist in conducting surveys of students, graduates, and/or employers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A bachelor degree in a related field computer science, data science, cybersecurity, information technology, software engineering, network administration, or a related field along with a Ph.D. in technologically related field or engineering education. Rank will be granted based on credentials, experience, and scholarly activity
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.