Job Posting - Director Physical Therapist Assistant
Director, Physical Therapist Assistant
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Trine University is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, personable and optimistic person to lead the development of an outstanding Physical Therapist Assistant program. This individual will be an integral member of the School of Health Sciences, which includes an exceptional doctor of physical therapy program.
Trine University’s developing program in Fort Wayne, Indiana’s second-largest city, will address a significant regional need for outstanding PTA graduates. Supported by the region’s two largest health care systems, the program will be based in the newly renovated, state-of-the-art Health Sciences Education Center on Parkview Hospital’s Randallia campus. The PTA program is a key component of Trine University’s commitment to developing a world-class interdisciplinary education center in Fort Wayne.
Fort Wayne is home to more than 250,000 residents and is consistently cited for its high quality of life, low cost of living and warm Hoosier hospitality. Growing health care and life sciences sectors anchor the regional economy. The three-time All American City Award winner annually attracts millions of visitors to its many attractions, festivals, arts, parks and events. The city is nearly equal distance of around three hours from Chicago, Cincinnati and Detroit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In conjunction with the program director and other team members, the Program Director will be responsible for creating and implementing the best curriculum available in PTA education and tools to assess its effectiveness.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with other principle and instructional faculty and clinical preceptors
- Teaching and advising students
- Leading the program’s comprehensive and ongoing self-assessment
- Ensuring that all accreditation requirements are met
Education and/or Experience
The individual must:
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s degree
- Be a graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Be a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant and be eligible for licensure in the state of Indiana
- Have five (5) years of full-time or equivalent post licensure experience as a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant that includes a minimum of three (3) full-time years or equivalent of clinical experience.
- Have experience in educational theory and methodology, instructional design, student evaluation and outcome assessment, including the equivalent of nine credits of coursework in educational foundations (or clear evidence of equivalent qualifications to meet the intent of this expectation).
- Have two (2) years of documented experience as an instructor in a CAPTE accredited Physical Therapist Assistant or Physical Therapy program
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Projected starting date can be immediate. Trine University reserves the right to verify academic (transcripts) and professional credentials prior to extending offers of employment. Please include a cover letter, resume/CV, and references when applying.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.