Office Manager Campus Operations
The Office Manager will perform general office functions to ensure accurate and reliable administration and operation of the Department.
- Perform duties necessary to run an efficient University’s operations office, service call center and fleet reservation center.
- Provide Director with weekly, monthly and other scheduled reports.
- Analyze, Develop and Implement Best Practice Customer Service focused Call Center practices and procedures.
- Provide Customer Service focused correspondence to staff, faculty, students, community and vendors.
- Route or dispatch the appropriate personnel
- Analyze, Develop and Implement Best Practice office operations and procedures.
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications
- Maintain and submit department payroll through computer software ADP
- Reconcile and code invoices and other records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness while working closely with the Business Office.
- Maintain Web based work order system related activities including but not limited to corrective maintenance, minor construction, inspections, and preventive maintenance record keeping and database.
- Perform data entry of energy usage and costs (Natural gas, water, sewer, and Electricity)
- Maintain Life Safety and other Regulatory related files
- Manage Trine Fleet Program – Trine vehicle reservations, rental vehicle reservations, and the scheduling of Trine fleet for maintenance repairs, DOT record keeping, fuel receipts and maintaining the authorized drivers list.
- Serve as liaison between department and campus, community and vendors. Issue contractor keys, purchase products and/or services.
- Train and supervise student workers in the office.
- Organize and maintain office files and personnel records.
- Maintain blueprint and operation manual archives.
- Represent the department in a professional manner, understanding the need for confidentiality when dealing with employee issues, records, and other departmental matters.
Bachelor’s degree or three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills as well as demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Customer service, retail sales or dispatch call center experience desired. Ability to handle fast-paced and multi-task work environment and the ability to work well with people are essential.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations: Valid driver’s license.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.