Admission Counselor - Avon/Indy
As a descriptive word, "academics" doesn't do much in the way of expressing what learning at Trine is really like. Here, knowledge is lived. Our students and faculty put their knowledge to work in ways that solve real problems facing real communities throughout Indiana, across the region, and around the world. At Trine you'll see that learning is never some static thing. It's what challenges and inspires us all at once.
The Admission Counselor has the responsibility of attracting and recruiting new qualified candidates that meet the admission requirements of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies along with the development, implementation and management of specific recruitment-related programs.
This position reports directly to the A.V.P. for Enrollment. This Admission Counselor has primary responsibility for one-to-one recruitment of prospective students in an assigned territory from inquiry to enrollment by various means. The Admission Counselor assists the candidate in completing the application, and acquiring the necessary documents required for admissions into the school.
Annually, the counselor is responsible for providing the A.V.P. with a comprehensive marketing plan to recruit new students, which thoroughly analyzes and assesses the Trine education center market and concludes with the director’s realistic and “stretch” goal projections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting activities (assume a key territorial assignment, including prospective student telecounseling, presentations on the University and financial aid, coverage of college fair programs, inquiry and applicant follow up, etc.)
- Assist with education center visits (e.g. open houses), staff and student employee training and website monitoring.
- Seeks out and participates in activities that lead to the admission of new undergraduate and graduate students.
- Seeks out, develops and maintains relationships with business and organizations offering tuition reimbursement.
- Community relations (builds and maintains relationships with local communities).
- Prepare prospect file with necessary documents; i.e. applications, transcripts, financial aid and pertinent documentation
- Maintains records (Updates the Jenzabar database with appropriate information related to the status of a candidate).
- Activly participates in school’s committees
- Assumes special project assignments as assigned by senior staff.
- Maintains schedules (Abides by work schedule policies and maintains a daily schedule under the direction of the AVP of Enrollment)
Admission Counselor will work closely with the campus director to ensure retention driven services provided to our students. The Admission Counselor reports to the Asst. VP of Enrollment and performs duties as assigned by that individual and the Dean of School of Professional Studies.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required. Experience in recruiting adult students preferred. Preference will be given to candidates who have attended an independent, accredited college or university and have attained a degree offered by the School of Professional Studies.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.