Job Posting - Innovation One Operations Assistant
Innovation One Operations Assistant
Assists the Executive Director in the overall functions of Innovation One (i1) and its departments, while following the guidelines of the University. Performs general office functions to ensure accurate and reliable administration and operation of Innovation One.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and coordinates calendar of i1 executive director to arrange meetings and appointments, travel schedule and expense reports
- Organize and update files, reference materials, and confidential/proprietary business information.
- Works closely with the business office to review financial records to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform purchasing tasks for i1, processes invoices for payment, and maintains records of purchases.
- Prepare and deliver quotes to customers based upon work specifications provided.
- Maintains web profile for i1 working with Brand and Integrated marketing.
- Maintains i1 social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) working with BIM.
- Maintains Innovation One Projects database.
- Produce various reports as required from i1 database.
- Assists with grant applications and reports.
- Other duties that are assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school preferred.
- Two to four years experience/training
Other requirements include:
To perform this job successfully, a candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, and must be able to perform each essential duty. Customer service, retail sales and/or book-keeping experience desired. The candidate will be able to adapt to new technology and have good time management, organization and project management skills. Detail orientation is necessary. Previous administrative experience is preferred as is familiarity with databases. The ability to handle a fast-paced, emergent and multi-task work environment is essential. Must work well with people, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The program also offers the opportunity for a clinical release day.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.