Physics Lab Instructor
Physics Lab Instructor
The Department of Mathematics & Physics at Trine University invites applications for a full-time Physics Lab Instructor position beginning in January 2021. The Lab Instructor should be committed to teaching, and motivated to provide Trine students with an outstanding experience in their Physics laboratory courses.
Essential Duties and Responsiblities:
- Teach a combination of Physics laboratory courses, including University Physics I and II (calculus-based), and College Physics I and II (algebra-based).
- Set up and put away laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for laboratory experiments.
- Manage and maintain organization of the Physics laboratory stockrooms.
- Keep track of equipment inventory, and prepare equipment order annually, or as necessary.
- Supervise (or liaison with) lab instructors, and assist with their needs.
- Assist in development of the Physics laboratory curriculum.
- The Lab Instructor will also be responsible and accountable for additional duties and assignments as prescribed by the respective Department Chair, School Dean, and Vice President.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in Physics and the ability to teach a variety of undergraduate physics laboratory courses. Minimum education required, Bachelor’s degree in Physics or a closely related field is desired.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health - medical, dental, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life insurance - a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1 ½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement - after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.