Surgical Technology Clinical Coordinator
Surgical Technology Clinical Coordinator
Fort Wayne, Indiana
In conjunction with the Surgical Technology Program Director, this position is responsible for coordination of all aspects of the clinical experience, in addition to providing orientation to on-site supervisors and ensuring student learning is consistent with the mission of the college, as well as the program goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor the Surgical Technology practicum/externship experiences, provide student orientation, and verify all required documents are completed correctly and on file by established due dates.
- Forge community partnerships and promote the Surgical Technology program, pursue and evaluate practicum externship sites for student placement. Maintain required documentation and reports to be provided to practicum/externship sites upon request.
- Establish regular communication with practicum/externship sites to monitor student progress. Provide orientation for site supervisors on role and responsibilities.
- Ensure appropriate resources are allocated for students and faculty, including lab equipment and supplies.
- Plan and complete professional development activities annually. Acquire and apply knowledge of all ARCSTSA, NBSTSA and CAAHEP policies and regulations. Maintain credentials and professional membership through attending field-related seminars and workshops and involvement in community organizations. Represent Trine University in a professional manner at all times.
- Teach courses per the program need and the Trine University faculty workload policy. Perform substitute teaching duties as needed. Use appropriate assessment methods and maintain consistency in grading and evaluation procedures. Relate to students in a fair, courteous, and professional manner, and assist students in developing a professional attitude.
- Attend meetings as required. Attend commencement exercises and other related school functions.
- Distribute mandated surveys to graduates and employers, collect completed surveys to ensure results meet participation and satisfaction rate thresholds.
- Participate as an active member with the program Advisory Board.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree is required, with course work in subject area. Credentialed as a CST and/or CSFA. Must possess a credential in the field of surgical technology through a national certification program that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Must have a minimum total of three years of recent scrub experience or three years recent experience as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both, within the past five years.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.