Job Posting - System Administrator
Employee Type: Full-Time
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Certifications: MCSA, MCSE or MCITP desired but not required
Location: Angola, Indiana
This position is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. The position requires competencies in server hardware, Windows domains, server virtualization, SAN’s, IIS, SCCM, Office 365 and server backup solutions. Work is performed under the general direction of the IT Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, install, configure and update physical and virtual Windows based servers.
- Monitor and maintain file and application servers.
- Architect Active Directory data standards, processes, integrations, and oversee execution of such
- Troubleshoot problems with networks, web services, mail services, applications software, desktop/server relationship issues and overall aspects of a server environment
- Oversee design and support of Office 365 environment.
- Manage server backups and data restores.
- Administer VMware vSphere and vCenter environments.
- Package and Deploy software via Microsoft SCCM.
- Maintain broad knowledge of operating systems, programming languages and hardware
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend new technologies
- Manage vendor relationships
- Define client technology standards and processes, with input from Operations staff
- Report to Project Manager on status of assigned projects
- Provide backup support for network administration
- Assist Help Desk with client support as needed
- SmartDeploy Imaging of new hardware
- Use help desk ticket system and document progress for work performed.
- Participate in the monthly server maintenance over the weekend
- Software License administration and server installation
- Participation in the PC Rotation project each summer
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Knowledge of UCS/FlexPod hardware desired
- 5+ years’ experience in a Systems Administration function
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2012R2
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of Office 365, VMWare ESX, vCenter, SCCM, IIS, Backup Exec, Appasure, and SANS
- Experience configuring and maintain iSCSI and FCoE SANs
- Working knowledge of web application security, understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Experience with installation, tailoring, and configuring client PC’s
- Knowledge of networking and networking hardware
- Exposure to one or more of the following; Linux (RedHat/SUSE/Ubuntu), Visual Basic Script, HP ProCurve, firewalls, wireless, Mac workstations in a windows Domain
- Contribute to development of infrastructure strategic plan
- Ability to execute projects on time and handle multiple tasks in an organized fashion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.