Community invited to Trine Homecoming events
Trine University’s 2017 Homecoming and Family Weekend, Sept. 15-17, features many activities for members of the Angola community. Events are free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
On Saturday, Sept. 16, and Sunday, Sept. 17, the Alumni & Fans Tennis Tournament will begin at 8 a.m. each day at the Ryan Tennis Center.
Other Saturday events include:
- Pancake Breakfast eating and decorating contest, 9 a.m., Zollner Stadium Lawn
- Live Music Under the Tent with Island Vibe, 9 a.m., Zollner Stadium Lawn
- Thunder 5k, 9 a.m., Ryan Skywalk. Registration is $35 and begins at 7:30 a.m.; online registration is available at bit.ly/trine_5k.
- Thunder Zone Activities, 10 a.m., Rick. L. and Vicki. L. James University Center Lawn
- Tour de Trine/Tour de Alumni Tricycle Race, 10 a.m., Thunder Drive
- Tailgate lunch, 11 a.m., Whitney Commons, University Center. There is a $10 per person charge for the lunch, and tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Thunder Football vs. Wisconsin Lutheran, 1 p.m., Zollner Stadium. Tickets for the football game are $8; senior citizens and children under 6 are free.
- Amy Grant in concert, 8 p.m., T. Furth Center. Tickets range from $45-$67 and can be purchased at trine.edu/furth.
On Sunday, Christian Campus House will hold a worship service in Fabiani Theatre at 10 a.m. and Homecoming events conclude with the Red Wings Legends game in the university’s new Thunder Ice Arena at 2 p.m. Tickets for the game are $12 and are available at thundericearena.com, but selling quickly.
The Thunder Ice Arena will be open for the public to tour throughout the weekend.
For more information, visit trine.edu/homecoming or call 260-665-4129.