Trine Chamber Orchestra presenting concert April 23
The Trine University Chamber Orchestra, directed by Prof. Mark Kays, chair of Trine’s Department of Music, will present its spring concert, themed “The Russians,” at 3 p.m. April 23 in the Ryan Concert Hall of the T. Furth Center for Performing Arts.
The program will include:
- “Russian Sailor’s Dance” from “The Red Poppy” by Reinhold Gliere;
- “Hopak” from “Sorochinsky Fair” by Modest Mussorgsky;
- “Procession of the Sardar” from “Caucasian Sketches” by Mikhail Ippolitov-Ivanov;
- “Fandango and Alborada” by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov;
- “Themes from Scheherazade” by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov;
- “In the Steppes of Central Asia” by Alexander Borodin; and
- “Dubinushka” by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov.
Orchestra members include Max Green, a freshman from Auburn; Travis Haynes, a senior from West Unity, Ohio; Jocelyn Luna, a freshman from Goshen; Allison Strong, a senior from Port Clinton, Ohio; Lila Wilczynska, a senior from Granger; Evan Buck, a freshman from Indianapolis; Julia DeBelly, a senior from Sylvania, Ohio; Alicia Dolan, a senior from Elwood; Christian Gaston, a junior from Wabash; Kirsten Godfrey, a sophomore from Fort Wayne; Alisha Johnson, a senior from Howe; Kyle Roskowski, a senior from Mooresville; Sarah Westman, a senior from Portage, Michigan; and Benjamin Wildman, a senior from Fishers.
Community members of the orchestra are Brenda Maurer, Nadina Prince, Anita Dierkes, Susan Smith, Erin Thomas, Kenneth McClung, Aimee Simons, Dee Wolf, Katie Smith, Monica Wells, Richard Rupp, Jonathan Rupp, Sam Corber, Bethany Wright, Kayle Savage, Wayne Mow, Holly Leininger, Melissa Hardwick and Andy Wright.
The concert is free and open to the public.
For more information, contact Kays at (260) 665-8096.