Trine offers community events for International Education Week
Trine University’s celebration of International Education Week, Nov. 12-16, will include several free events open to the community, including a special Friday night presentation featuring intercultural song, dance and other performances.
On Tuesday night, international students will help lead the regular weekly worship service hosted by Christian Campus House. The international worship experience begins at 7 p.m. in Fabiani Theatre inside the Rick L. and Vicki L. James University Center.
On Wednesday, Fabiani Theatre will host the university’s Leadership Series, covering the topic, “Getting Global.” The session, beginning at 7 p.m., will share tips on how to be a global leader in today’s evolving job market.
On Friday, the university will close International Education Week with “Around the World in 80 Minutes,” a variety of performances by Trine international students. Beginning in Fabiani Theatre at 6 p.m., the event will include:
- a Saudi Arabian Fashion Show featuring students Ebrihem Al Namie, Nasir Al Mutlaq, Abdulrahman Alshaheen, Saeed Alghamdi and Mohammed Alotaibi;
- “Country Road” performed by Elena Ong of Malaysia and Miyuki Tsuchida of Japan;
- “Smile” performed by Abdelrahman Anwar of Egypt;
- a South Asian Nach performed by Abdelrahman Anwar, CK Kaung Myat Naing, Sybil Kurian of Elkhart, Indiana, Steve Mya Phyo Aung of Myanmar, Angela Pokharel of Nepal and Upasana Shrestha of Nepal;
- a martial arts comedy sketch by Nasir Al Mutlaq and CK Myat Naing;
- “Ano He no Kawa (The River on that Day),” performed by Elena Ong and Miyuki Tsuchida;
- a talk on “Embracing Diversity” by David Colbert, executive director of international services; and
- “’O Sole Mio!” performed by Gumi Kim, a professional opera singer from South Korea who is attending Trine this semester.
International Education Week, a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education, is an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. For more information about International Education Week activities at Trine, contact Mari McHenry, director of international community services, at (260) 665-4630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.