Cast announced for ‘The Undeniable Sound of Right Now’
The Trine University Drama Club has announced the cast for its upcoming production of “The Undeniable Sound of Right Now.”
The play will be performed at 7 p.m. Nov. 8-10 in Wells Theater inside Taylor Hall on the Trine University campus. Performances are free, with tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cast members include:
- Cyrus Colyer of Coldwater, Michigan, a 2018 Trine University graduate in biology, as Hank
- Kaitlyn Lee of San Diego, California, a freshman communication major, as Lena
- Beatrice Snavely of North Manchester, Indiana, a freshman psychology major, as Bette
- Nick Biegel of Hanna, Indiana, a freshman electrical engineering major, as Nash
- Logan Rose of Marysville, Michigan, a sophomore English and math major, as Toby
- Jonah Blanchard of Lyons, Ohio, a freshman chemical engineering major, as Joey
Savannah Brouwer of Plainfield, Indiana, a freshman criminal justice major, will serve as assistant director, and Adam Goyetche of Westlake, Ohio, a sophomore electrical engineering major, will be the play’s stage manager.
Written by Laura Eason, “The Undeniable Sound of Right Now” debuted in April 2015 at the off-Broadway Rattlestick Playwrights Theater in New York City, where it was hailed by the New York Times as “an affectionate but unsentimental portrait” of changing times and family stress. D.C. Metro Theater Arts said the play has “a heart that beats like a drum kit, and it packs a wallop like a subwoofer.”
Set in 1992, the play focuses on Hank, longtime owner of a legendary Chicago bar that has launched the careers of many rock and alternative bands, as he struggles against the rise of DJs and house music. Caught in a seismic shift of pop culture and economic forces, Hank’s resistance to change is complicated by strains in his relationship with his daughter Lena, as both try to determine the best path to survival in an evolving music industry.
“The Undeniable Sound of Right Now” includes adult situations and language.
For more information, contact Tim Hopp, Ph.D., professor in Trine’s Department of Humanities and Communication, at email@example.com.