We give thanks
Trine University alumni share what they are thankful for during this holiday season.
Cassidy Williams, 2019, Sport Management
- I am thankful for the incredible people I met while attending Trine University. Trine University gave me the ability to play the sport I loved with some of my best friends. Oh, I also met my future husband!
Jim Bullard, 1972, Civil Engineering
- I am thankful for family and friends, for a country where I can worship as I see fit (I am thankful for Jesus Christ as my savior!), a country that allows me the freedom to pursue a career of my choice and the freedom to travel and see the world. I am thankful for Tri-State College (yes I graduated when it was still a college) and thankful for Tri-State University and Trine University for providing opportunities for students to obtain a quality education. Tri-State College provided me an excellent education that allowed me to pursue a career in civil engineering, gave me a basis to pursue a graduate degree and taught me how to live in the work world.
Haleigh Daniels, 2014, Psychology, and 2015, Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- I am thankful for my teammates and friends that I made during my time at Trine that have led to lifelong friendships. I am also thankful for the wealth of knowledge I received from my professors during my undergrad and graduate degrees that will help me in my career as a police officer.
James Etsler, 1966, Business Administration
- - I am most thankful for being born in a free country raised in the crazy days of the '50s and that I was able to get a good education. Only in America can an individual like me be raised in a small community and be able to build a business and to meet and work with so many interesting people. I also am thankful for the opportunity every Sunday to go to the church of my choice and to worship my God.
Laura Rosekrans, 2017, Biology
- I am thankful for the opportunity to continue my education and study for my dream job at Trine’s Physician Assistant program.
Lucy Sare, 2018, Biology
- I'm thankful for the lifelong relationships I created while at Trine, particularly my future husband, and I am thankful for the health of my friends and family.
Ned Haylett, 1972, Mechanical Engineering
- I am thankful for a university that gave me the building blocks for a successful career and a fraternity that taught me how to give back. I am thankful that I can still be active and useful to local charities. And I am grateful to have a wife (almost 50 years!) who still loves and supports me.
O’Shea Owens, 2017, Criminal Justice
- I am thankful for the University taking every precaution available and sparing no expense to be certain we are able to continue working and continue to educate our students. Just another way Trine shows how much we value our students. #GoBlue
Rick Hoover, 1971, Aeronautical Engineering
- I am thankful for the great memories and lifelong friendships resulted from attending Tri-State. I am also thankful to see the school grow and prosper as a recognized University.
Scott Lee, 2010, Golf Management
- I am thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful for life, health and strength! I am also thankful for my dog Ernie!
Danielle Crosby, 2012, Criminal Justice and Psychology
- I am thankful for the support and love that surrounds me with my family and in our community. I’m also thankful to have a voice for people who don’t so I can continue to help them.
Shaely Duff, 2020, Chemical Engineering
- Thankful for continuing my education at Trine while being able to play the sport I love. Also thankful for meeting my best friends and winning lots of games during the process.
Ted Dumbauld, 1962, Mechanical Engineering
- We are grateful and thankful for our amazing children and grandchildren, our extended families, our health, 62 years. of marriage, our friends, our faith and the freedoms that we enjoy!
Danny Koester, 1978, Chemical Engineering
- In the fall of a most extraordinary year, I am thankful for a life supported by friends and family. I can't be as physically with them as I might desire, but I know that they are there. I am also thankful for the hope of better times to come.