Trine University Choir, Chamber Orchestra in concert Sunday
The Trine University Choir and Trine University Chamber Orchestra will present their fall concert beginning at 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 24, in the T. Furth Center for Performing Arts.
The concert is free and open to the public.
The choir will sing:
- “The Dreamkeeper” by Rollo Dilworth;
- “Sililiza (Hear Me)” by Jim Papoulis;
- “Calling My Children Home,” arranged by Joseph Jennings;
- “The Storm is Passing Over” by Charles Albert Tindley, arranged by Barbara Baker; and
- “Nightmare Before Christmas Medley” by Danny Elfman, arranged by Alan Bilingsley.
The chamber orchestra portion of the program will begin with a marimba solo by Nathan Siders, a mathematics major from Angola, Indiana. Siders will perform “Two Rivers” by Peter Naughton.
The chamber orchestra, under the direction of Mark Kays, head of Trine’s Department of Music, will then perform musical works related to the Halloween season:
- “Journey of the Sorcerer,” by Bernie Leadon, arranged by Mark Kays;
- “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” by John Williams, arranged by Victor Lopez;
- “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” by Patrick Doyle and John Williams, arranged by Jack Bullock;
- “Farewell Aragog” from “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” by Nicholas Hooper, arranged by Jack Bullock;
- “Wicked” by Stephen Schwartz, arranged by Ted Ricketts; and
- “Phantom of the Opera” by Andrew Lloyd Webber, arranged by Calvin Custer.