Chair, Associate Professor
Department of Computer Information Science
(260) 665-4298 | email@example.com
Areas of Expertise:
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Technology Management with a specialization in Digital Communications, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Computer Information Technology with an emphasis in Object-Oriented Technologies, Regis University, Denver, CO.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Indiana University, Fort Wayne, IN.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Applied Science with a major in Systems Analysis, Miami University, Oxford, OH.
Trine University | 2002 - Present
- Department Chair: Department of Informatics (2017-present)
- Associate Professor: Department of Informatics (2017-present)
- Department Chair: Department of Mathematics & Informatics (2009-2017)
- Associate Professor: Department of Mathematics & Informatics (2016-2017)
- Assistant Professor: Department of Mathematics & Informatics (2009-2016)
- Assistant Professor: Department of Computer & Electrical Engineering (2008-2009)
- Assistant Professor: Department of Mathematics & Computer Science (2002-2007)
Verizon/GTE | 1993-1996, 1997-2002
- Systems Engineer, Fort Wayne, IN
Software Solutions | 1991-1993
- Systems Analyst and owner, Angola, IN
West Noble School Corporation | 1990-1991
- Computer Science and Mathematics Teacher, Ligonier, IN
AT&T Communications | 1985-1989
- Systems Consultant, Carmel, IN (1988-1989)
- Application Programmer, Cincinnati, OH (1986-88)
- Systems Analyst, Somerset, NJ (1985)
Ph.D. dissertation: “A Model of Packet Loss caused by Interference between the Bluetooth Low Energy Component of an iOS Wearable Body Area Network and Residential Microwave Ovens.” Dissertation published in ProQuest.
Barge, W.C., Chou, T., Lin, Y., Ozan, E. (2014). “A Model of Packet Loss in the Bluetooth Low Energy Component of a Wearable Body Area Network Caused by Interference from a Residential Microwave Oven,” Proceedings of the IEEE Healthcare Innovation/Point-of-Care Technologies Conference (HIC-POCT’14), pages 87-90.
Barge, W.C. (2014). “Trine Prof Offers Online Tips,” Herald-Republican, October 22, page A3.
Barge, W.C. (2014). “Protect Yourself from Cyber Crime,” Herald-Republican, October 8, page A3.
Barge, W.C. (2013). “Prof Offers Tips for Cyber Safety,” Herald-Republican, October 19, page A2.
Barge, W.C. (2010). “A Study of Packet Loss Caused by Interference between the Bluetooth Component of a Telecardiology System and Residential Microwave Ovens,” Proceedings of the Modern Information Society Formation – Problems, Perspectives, Innovation Approaches International Forum, pages 28-36.
Barge, W.C. (2007). “User Authentication at Cyberspots,” Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology, p. 574-576.
Master's thesis: Development of an Inventory and Billing System for a Small Portable Storage Business