Director of Student Activities
Trine University is looking for an energetic, outgoing Director of Student Activities. This position is a full-time position located at our beautiful Angola, Indiana campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, negotiate contracts, schedule, organize and oversee student activities and participate in Week of Welcome, Bingo for Bucks, Totally Random Events, Homecoming, Finals Week Activities, Senior Celebration, and other major campus wide events.
- Supervise 3 hospitality student workers.
- Market all student activities, including social media, Trine University App, and TV monitors.
- Advise Inter-Fraternal Council (IFC) and Greek Leadership Council (GLC).
- Oversee Student Government Student Activities Board.
- Approve all Greek events.
- Approve all student organization flyers.
- Schedule and reports participation in CHAT events.
- Solicit sponsors for student planner advertising.
- Oversee after-hours student activities.
- Advocate for various student needs and issues.
- Establish, maintain and support positive relationships with students.
- Plan, budget, promote and schedules all intramural events.
- Coordinate facility and field usage for all intramural events.
- Hire and oversee intramural 1 supervisor and 8 officials.
- Maintain intramural handbook.
- Purchase of equipment to Dean of Students.
- Pursue professional development opportunities.
- Work with the Office of Student Services during special events, providing support as required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, required; Master’s degree preferred, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.