Part Time Weekend HousekeeperEmployee Type: Part Time Location: Angola, IN Experience: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
The general duties of the Housekeeper is to maintain the safety and cleanliness of classrooms, restrooms, hallways, offices, gyms, auditoriums and any other areas inside and outside each building. Weekend hours will be Saturdays 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Sundays 10:00 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include, but not limited to, the following: sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, striping and waxing of floors; washing windows and window sills; select, measure and mix products for cleaning jobs; clean, sanitize and polish restrooms and their fixtures; clean and polish classroom and office furniture; remove waste and debris; replace light bulbs and clean fixtures; set up tables and chairs for special events; stock closets with cleaning and paper products and sweep and shovel walkways 10' from all entrances.
Willingness to perform duties associated with commercial cleaning, including operating industrial-type cleaning equipment such as high-speed buffers, scrubbers, and carpet cleaners; cleaning restrooms; moving heavy items such as tables and chairs and caring for all responsible equipment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, product label instructions, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and arms; climb and balance on ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; see, talk, hear and smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and strong enough to operate industrial-type cleaning equipment.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Work Environment: While performing the essential functions of this job an employee is occasionally exposed to wet, and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes and/or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.