International FAQs - Graduate Degrees

Have a quick question? Something we can help you with? If you don't find the answer below, contact International Admissions at

Q: How much does it cost for international students to attend Trine for one year?

A: To attend Trine, a student will need to document the availability totaling the minimum on the International Student Certification of Finances forms. Please see the International Tuition and Fees page for the financial statements.  Acceptable documents include bank, stock account statements, and the International Student Certification of Finances form.

Q: As an international student, can I receive transfer credit for my previous college-level work?

A: Yes, if Trine offers the same course, you may receive transfer credit.

Q:  Can an international student participate in immediate CPT

A:  International graduate students admitted into an experiential track, in which an internship experience is an integral part of the program of study, are required to enroll in an internship course for credit and be engaged in an active internship experience, whether full or part-time. F-1 students admitted into the non-experiential track must be enrolled for a complete academic year in order to be approved for CPT.

Q: What are the application deadlines?

A: You should apply at least 60 days before classes begin so you have sufficient time to obtain a student visa.

Q: When must my tuition be paid?

A: Payment of tuition, fees, and room and board are due at the Business Office on the date indicated on the student's bill.

Q: Is on campus housing available for graduate students?

A: Trine University does not provide on-campus housing for graduate students. Please explore,, and local realtors and newspapers for off-campus housing options.

Q: Who do I ask for help to obtain a visa?

A: When you have completed the steps to apply and paid your enrollment fees, you will be issued an I-20.

Q: How do I travel to Trine University?

A: Please see Plan Your Arrival

Q: Must I have medical insurance? How to I obtain this and what is the cost?

A: All international students will be required to carry Trine University's student insurance unless they are government sponsored and can provide proof of insurance through a sponsor. For more information, please visit the University's International health insurance page.

Q: What are your academic terms for graduate programs?

A: Graduate programs operate on accelerated 8-week terms - 2 Fall, 2 Spring, and 1 Summer.

Q: What documents do I need to apply for admission?

A: During the application process, you will upload all secondary school academic records. These records should be in English and include all courses taken, grades received and degrees or certificates earned. An explanation of your school's coding system used to evaluate your work should accompany the records. Make sure to add all post-secondary.

Q: Can you issue an I-20 to an international student?

A: Yes, an I-20 is issued once an international student has been admitted and paid the one-time international student fee. (To apply for a visa, please send your I-20 documentation and acceptance letter to the U.S. embassy in your country.)

Q: What is the minimum TOEFL requirement for an international applicant?

A: Please see the Apply page.