Orientation Leader Application
Apply to be an International Student Orientation Leader for Fall 2019!
Have you ever visited, or thought of visiting a different country? Who helps you? How would you get around?
The Office of International Services is searching for students who can put themselves in the shoes of international students and help them when they arrive at Trine University. International Orientation Leaders are volunteers who serve a variety of purposes during Orientation.
- Create a welcome and fun atmosphere at Orientation events
- Assist new international ESL, freshmen, transfer students at move-in
- Serve as a resource about the University
- Handle questions and refer new students and parents to appropriate resources on campus
- Serve as peer leaders and facilitate small group discussions among incoming students as outlined by the Director of International Community Services
- Assist in the implementation of all International Orientation and some Welcome Week activities
- Assist with logistical details as needed
- Enrolled as a full time student in spring of 2019 and fall of 2020
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, dependability, maturity and professionalism
- Interested in helping international students adjust to American and Trine community
- Knowledge of the Trine University campus and services
- Ability to work well with people from a different cultural and language background
- Willingness to interact with and lead both large and small groups of new students
- Flexibility and a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a group setting as a team player
- Ability to work with people who have limited English skills
- Great sense of school pride
- Maintain and present a professional image to new students, their families and faculty & staff at the University (this includes social media presence)
- Attend International Orientation training
- Attend all of International Orientation (possibly some of Fall Orientation)
- Attend at least one Welcome Week activity
- Have fun!
- $7.25 per hour for training and time worked during Orientation and Welcome Week
- International Orientation Leaders are provided with a Trine polo, early move-in for on-campus residents and meals during training and Orientation weekend.
April 8 to 12 – Interviews as needed
April 15 – Notification of decision via email
August 15 – Intl Orientation Training
August 16 to 17 – International Orientation
August 19 to August 23 – Welcome Week
Trine International Orientation Leader Application