(crisis = painful emotion for which you need support, does not have to be suicidal feelings):
- Crisis Text Line – Text “HOME” to 741741 for FREE, confidential, 24/7 support
- Young People of Color in Crisis (particularly college students)- Text “STEVE” to 741741
- Trans Lifeline – 877-565-8860 in crisis or just need someone to talk; 24/7 free, confidential; peer support ran by trans people for trans & questioning callers
- LookUpIndiana.org – 800-284-8439 or Text “LOOKUP” to 494949 or chat on line; confidential 24/7
Thoughts of Suicide
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-TALK (8255) provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- CHAT available online https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
- Spanish available for calls or chats
- Trevor Project 866-488-7386, 24/7, free and confidential support; unique resources for LGBTQ youth
- Remedy Live provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress and prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones
- TEXT Remedy to 494949
- CHAT available online
Resources for Supporting a Friend
More Helpful Resources
This free app uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) methods to help you cope with depression, anxiety, stress and more. Use the positive and negative habit tracker to maintain your good habits and break those that are counterproductive. The Get Grounded page contains over 100 different questions to pinpoint what you're feeling, and the Thinking Patterns page teaches you how to stop negatie internal monologues.
This app use the foundation of CBT and provides users with over 200 different mood improvement activities. Developed by two clinical psychologiest, MoodKit helps you leanr how to change how you think and develop self awareness and healthy attituted. The journal feature is a great way to practice self care by relfecting on the day, noting any distressing thoughs and documenting how you overcame them.
This app is one of the best mental health apps designed specifically for teens and young adults with anxiety. Rather than trying to avoid anxious feelings, Mind Shift stresses the importance of changing how you think about anxiety. Think of this app as the cheerleader in your pocket, encouraging you to take charge of your life, ride out intense emotions and face challenging situations.
Self Help for Anxiety Management (SAM)
SAM might be perfect for you if you're interested in self help, but meditation isn't your thing. Users are prompted to build their own 24-hour anxiety tool kit that allows you to track anxious thoughts and behavior over time and learn 25 different self-help techniques. You can also use SAM's Social Cloud feature to confidentally connect with other users in an online community for additional support.
eMoods is a tracking app designed specifically for people with bipolar disorder. Throughout the day, users can track depressive and psychotic symptoms, elevated mood and irritability and give an indication of the severity of their symptoms. Users can then see their mood changes on a color-coded monthly calendar and even export a monthly summary report to identify specific triggers and better understand their fluctuating mood.
Below, is a list of helpful resources for mental health information and resources related to COVID-19, isolation, anxiety, stress and more.
Mental Health Information for Disease Outbreaks
Tips for Social Distancing Quarantine & Isolation during an infectious Diseases
Care for your Coronavirus Anxiety
More Self Care
Calm app/Daily Calm - 10 min ~ calming meditation breath/body
The Mindful Movement - 20 min ~ clearing the cluttered mind to increase feelings of calm
Performance Today – 15 min ~ body relaxation, music meditation
City of Hope – 15 min ~ guided imagery meditation exercise
Self Care and Mental Health
Lavendaire - 27 minutes ~ Mental Health care in the Coronavirus. Self-Care and spiritual health during this challenging time.
Lavendaire - 10 minutes ~ 15 self-care ideas for daily self-care