Assistant Professor – Exercise Science / Applied Health Science
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: Angola, Indiana
Trine University, Department of Exercise Science invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the Assistant Professor rank beginning January 2024. Trine University is a small, private institution located in the beautiful lake resort region of northeastern Indiana. The mission of the university is to provide productive, work-ready graduates for careers in their chosen field. High quality teaching is our first priority.
- Demonstrate expertise in exercise science and/or health science
- Teach a variety of undergraduate exercise science and/or applied health science courses
- Advise exercise science and applied health science students
- Engage in scholarship and service to the department, university and the community, including occasional weekend and summer events
- Work with the administration and faculty in the growth (recruitment and retention of students) and operation of the program
- Meet with prospective students and their parents on campus visits
- Perform other duties as assigned
The position recommends an earned doctorate in exercise science, health science, public health, or related fields.
Preference will be given to those candidates who have demonstrated teaching experience and whose qualifications most closely match the teaching and development needs within the department.
Candidates should complete the on-line application, submit a letter of interest, a
curriculum vita (CV) detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts,
and the contact information for three references.
Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health - medical, dental, vision,flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life insurance - a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1 ½ times annual salary
- Paid sick time
- Retirement - after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Full-time, faculty-line salary and benefit schedule.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.