Assistant/Associate Professor of Mechanical/ Design Engineering Technology
Assistant / Associate Professor of Mechanical/ Design Engineering Technology
The Department of Design Engineering Technology invites applications for a full-time faculty positions for the Fall of 2018 Academic Year. The department offers an established Design Engineering Technology degree program producing over 40 graduates each year with 100 percent placement rates during the previous five years.
The position requires a master's degree in Engineering Technology, Engineering Education, Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to teach one or more of a wide variety of undergraduate engineering and technology courses in the areas of statics, strength of materials, SolidWorks, NX, Machine Design, Mechanisms, DFMA, GD&T, SPC, Lean manufacturing. Excellent English communication ability is a must. This position is a teaching position; hence, a strong commitment to teaching is required.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.