Trine names 2018 Homecoming royalty
Trine University recognized its 2018 Homecoming court as well as its king and queen during the annual Thunderstruck Pep Rally in the MTI Center on Oct. 5.
Allison McCrady of Lancaster, Ohio, was named Homecoming queen. A senior majoring in biomedical engineering, McCrady is involved in Alpha Sigma Tau, the Biomedical Engineering Society, the Bridge Club, Tau Beta Pi engineering honor society, Alpha Chi honor society, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Eta Sigma honor society, Newman Club, the Honors Program and the marching band. She would like to pursue a Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, focusing on research in biomechanics.
Isaac Nice of Paulding, Ohio, was named Homecoming king. Nice is a junior majoring in chemical engineering, and is involved in the American Institute of Chemical Engineering, marching band, concert band and jazz band. He would like to work in process engineering, either in the food or music equipment industry.
Other members of the Homecoming court included:
- Cassidy Williams of Archbold, Ohio, a senior majoring in sport management. She is involved in the Sport Management Club, Ehinger Fellows, Delta Mu Delta business honor society and Trine Christian Athletes, and is a member of the women’s basketball team. Her career goal is to become a collegiate athletic director.
- Cayleel Hill of Owings Mills, Maryland, a senior majoring in business management. He is involved in the Multicultural Student Organization and is a captain on the Trine University football team, and serves as a referee for intramural sports. His career goal is to become a collegiate football coach.
- Macy Whitehair of Albany, Indiana, is a junior majoring in exercise science/pre-physical therapy. She is involved in Theta Phi Alpha, residence life, Beta Beta Beta biological honor society, the National Society of Leadership and Success, and the Health Science Association. She hopes to someday work in pediatric physical therapy.
- Robert Gorman of Beech Grove, Indiana, is a junior majoring in civil engineering. He is involved in Tau Kappa Epsilon and hopes to someday become a bridge designer.
- Kristen Reece of Indianapolis is a junior majoring in exercise science and is part of the university’s 3+3 Doctor of Physical Therapy program. She is involved in the Health Science Association and Student Athletic Advisory Committee. She also is a Student Government Senator and a member of the Trine University women’s soccer team. She plans to become a physical therapist.
- Caleb Henry of Avilla, Indiana, is a senior majoring in mechanical engineering. He is involved in Christian Campus House, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the American Institute of Aeronautical Engineers. He hopes to serve as an aeronautical engineer for Able Aerospace Services.
- Yancy Paola of Gracias, Honduras, is a junior majoring in management. She is president of the Multicultural Student Organization and is involved with Christian Campus House and the Ehinger Fellows, and serves as a Trine University Ambassador and Student Advocate. She would like to eventually get a master’s degree from Trine and become an entrepreneur.
- Jason Clune of Meadville, Pennsylvania, is a junior majoring in elementary education. He is president of the Student Athletic Advisory Committee and is a member of the men’s basketball team and the Student Education Association. He also serves as a resident director and Trine University Ambassador. He would like to earn a master’s degree while serving as a graduate assistant for a college basketball team, and eventually become a head men’s basketball coach at the collegiate level.
Photo: Homecoming king Isaac Nice, left, and queen Allison McCrady. (Photo by Dean Orewiler)