Trine ASCE students attend conference; chapter honored for video
Five Trine University students attended the 2019 American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Multi-Region Leadership Conference, held Jan. 25-26 in Orlando, Florida.
The students participated in the Workshop for Student Chapter Leaders (WSCL). Trine students networked with other ASCE student chapters and professional engineers across the eastern US and shared best practices and new ideas. Local, state and national ASCE leaders provided insight to the engineering profession and encouraged students to be active in their chosen career. The workshop provided ideas that will be used to continually improve the Trine ASCE student chapter to benefit civil engineering students.
Trine students who attended the conference, all civil engineering majors and members of the Trine ASCE chapter, were:
- Alex Duran, a senior from Van Buren, Ohio, President
- Anna Kmec, a sophomore from Carmel, Indiana, Corresponding Secretary
- Ashton Benson, a sophomore from Delaware, Ohio, Marketing Coordinator
- Ethan Davenport, a junior from Portage, Indiana, Recording Secretary
- Quinten Prieur, a sophomore from Constantine, Michigan, Freshman Representative
The Trine ASCE chapter was also recognized as with first place in a video competition among all student chapters in a competition highlighting unique chapter events. The video is featured on ASCE YouTube channel.
TJ Murphy, instructor in the Reiners Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, also attended the conference.
Photo: From left, Quinten Prieur, Aston Benson, TJ Murphy, Anna Kmec, Alex Duran and Ethan Davenport.