Scholarships by Invitation
Candidates must apply for admission and be officially admitted to Trine University for scholarship consideration. Dependent upon the student’s qualifications, eligible candidates will then receive an invitation from the office of Admission and financial aid to attend one of two Scholarship Day programs held on December 2nd and February 3rd. A student may receive only ONE Trine academic tuition scholarship. The scholarship of greater value will be awarded. Scholarships are for tuition only. The following scholarship programs are by invitation only.
Bateman Kolb Scholarship
Trine's most premier, full tuition academic scholarship will be awarded to one first-year student who is deemed the “distinguished scholar” from the two Scholarship Day programs. The annually renewable Bateman Kolb Scholarship was established from a $3.1 million estate gift provided by Mrs. Maxine Bateman Kolb, widow of former Tri-State College (now Trine) President Richard M. Bateman (1960-1974). After the death of Dr. Bateman, Mrs. Bateman married Joseph Kolb, an alumnus, who was also supportive of his alma mater. The Bateman Kolb Scholar will be given the opportunity to choose a funded internship with Trine's President or a member of the President’s Cabinet.
Undergraduate School Scholarships
Two (2) competitive academic tuition scholarships are awarded based on each scholarship day competition results, from each of the following schools:
- Allen School of Engineering and Technology ($20,000 per year)
- Franks School of Education ($20,000 per year)
- Ketner School of Business ($20,000 per year)
- Jannen School of Arts and Sciences ($20,000 per year)
- Rinker-Ross School of Health Sciences ($20,000 per year)
Scholarship Day Program
The Scholarship Day activities will include writing an essay and participate in two interviews with individual professors. These interviews are designed to learn more about the candidate (the information we cannot get from a high school transcript and test scores). The essay is a response to one of several topics selected by the Scholarship Committee. The essay, combined with faculty interviews and academic record, will be the basis on which the competitive scholarships are awarded.
In addition to completing the required parts of the day, candidates and their families will have the opportunity to take tours of campus, meet with faculty and current students to hear what they have to say about their experiences at Trine, and be our guests at lunch. The admission staff will also be available to answer questions.
- Must apply and be officially admitted to Trine University prior to the scholarship dates
- Average GPA: 3.9 (on 4.0 scale)
- Average SAT: 1310 (R+M) Average ACT Composite: 26
- Must receive official invitation to compete at one of two Scholarship Day programs.
- Must continue to maintain full-time student status (minimum 12 credits per semester)
- Must maintain 3.0 grade point average
Scholarship Recipient Incentive
The Bateman Kolb Scholar, School Scholars, Trustee Scholars, and Trine University Valedictorian/Salutatorian Scholars are among a highly select group of freshmen who are officially eligible to live in Trine University's Honor's Hall. The Honor's Hall provides apartment style living for privacy and quiet study, along with a central living area for group study and entertainment, ample parking spaces in close proximity, security communication boxes and is located within walking distance from all academic buildings, laboratories and library. Each residence is fully equipped with air conditioning, high speed internet access, cable,and a private bath.
- The Honor's hall has limited space; assignments will be made and announced mid-summer.
- Eligible candidates must pay the $300 enrollment deposit and submit Housing Application Form before May 1 (deposit is not refundable after May 1).
- Honor's Hall residents are eligible to remain in the residence through their sophomore year. In their junior year students will be eligible to live in the Townhouse Villas.
For additional information, call 800.347.4878 or 260.665.4100 or e-mail email@example.com