Job Posting -Academic Service Administrator
Academic Service Administrator
The Academic Services Administrator assists in the operations of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies by providing academic services managing exception processes to CGPS under the direction of the dean. The Academic Services Administrator requires a high degree of organizational, technical and exemplary interpersonal skills with a collaborative attitude and ability to form positive relationships with staff throughout the university.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and maintain current information within the Moodle CGPS Staff Resourses page
- Serve as informational liaison between, faculty, staff, Academic Affairs and other university departments. Communicate important dates and reminders to CGPS staff. Maintain extensive knowledge of university, department policies and procedures. Critique and advise as necessary to maintain compliance. Serve as a resource for faculty and staff.
- Update, create and maintain student forms, degree control sheets, other degree related documents, fees and tuition information, academic calendar. Maintain CGPS course catalog materials, and website information.
- Assist Registrar's Office with course catalog updates
- Problem-solving in areas of project planning, research, monitoring, evaluation and implementation and other areas as assigned by senior staff.
- Work closely with Director of Online Learning to improve academic support for online faculty and students, including communication, planning and oversight.
- Assist with Honors Day and Hooding Ceremonies
- Provide administrative support to the Dean, Online Director, and Senior Directors.
- Collaborate with HR department to manage HR process for CGPS. Oversee compliance to HR hiring process. Maintain adjunct faculty personnel files – audit files for completeness, academic qualification for HLC compliance and teaching activity.
- Process CGPS (SPS, Graduate, and Online) contracts, course development agreements and tracking, specialty contracts. Generate load reports for CGPS. Generate, analyze and distribute reports based on adjunct budgets.
- Collaborate with CGPS staff, in continuous improvement projects to utilize technology, faciltate change and streamline processes in order to drive efficiency.
- Maintain CGPS Trine University web page
- Serve as CGPS Jenzabar Module Manager
- Input and update the CGPS courses into Jenazbar
- Proactively seek opportunities to increase knowledge of technical and digital skills; Jenzabar, Infomaker, Moodle, OU Campus and Jotform. Train staff on current and new electonic resources when required.
- Complete all drops after the last day to drop deadline
- Maintain a faculty evaluation and faculty observation checklist
- Student award verifications
- Additional duties and assigments as prescribed by the Dean
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited University required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.