The Administrative Assistant is responsible for creating a welcoming environment for Trine University guests. This person will actively engage with all visitors to create a friendly and positive environment ensuring that each visit to Trine University is personable and memorable. An exemplary level of customer service is required as they answer the toll-free number while also maintaining efficient operations of the Welcome Center.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an appreciation for the value of a comprehensive, pre-professional, engineering and sciences education, experience and skill working with computers and software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Slate, etc.), and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer the main toll-free line and direct calls as needed
- Assist in scheduling and execution of daily individual visits which will include walking visitors to appointments and operating golf carts to transport visitors
- Coordinate and manage daily visit schedule, environment and supplies for visiting families
- Contact appropriate parties in the event of a no-show or change in schedule
- Process daily adjustments to the visit schedule as changes or requests arise
- Prepare visit packets, including printing of visit sheets for individual visits, meal tickets and golf certificates.
- Manage inventory of visitor give-a-ways.
- Update and input information into Slate for visitors
- Utilize the launch check-in function for visits
- Take visit requests over the phone and enter it into Slate
- Assist in management of the admission golf carts across various campus departments
- Assist with managing student coverage for walking visiting families to scheduled appointments and tours of campus
- Coordinate reservation of Forman Hall conference rooms; scheduling and availability
- Management, organization and seasonal decorations of the Welcome Center
- Assist with set up for Preview Days and other visit events
- Make confirmation calls for all types of visits
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
At minimum associate’s degree is required. Previous administrative experience is preferred. Preference given to candidates with previous admission experience working in private higher education.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.