Administrative Assistant - Ketner School of Business
The Administrative Assistant has the responsibility for maintaining the main office in the Ketner School of Business. This is a customer service oriented position where the administrative assistant may be the first point of contact for internal and external inquiries regarding the Ketner School of Business
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the dean, chair, and faculty in the day-to-day operations of the school.
- Creates and assists with correspondence, both internally and externally, including the Advisory Board.
- Assists with travel arrangements and plans for faculty candidates.
- Organizes and updates files, reference materials, and confidential/proprietary business information.
- Assists and tracks budgets, requisitions and business office forms.
- Takes meeting notes at school meetings, distributes to faculty and saves in appropriate locations.
- Plans and coordinates departmental receptions and functions.
- Assists students, acts as a liaison between school/faculty and prospective business students.
- Assists the school’s ACBSP accreditation liaison when needed.
- Maintains web profile and hallway television monitors for school and majors.
- Assists faculty with the annual accomplishment documents.
- Maintains Syllabi of Record and current syllabi in Moodle, does degree audits, and maintains control sheets.
- Works with the bookstore on textbook requisitions.
- Assists with career fairs and commencement week activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum high school or GED diploma required with a minimum of four years of administrative support/business administration experience. Associates degree preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Publisher. To perform this job successfully, a candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidate will be able to adapt to new technology and have good time management, organization and project management skills. Being detailed oriented is necessary. Previous administrative experience and working with databases is preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.