Job Posting- Administrative Assistant for Health Sciences & PTA Programs- Ft. Wayne
Administrative Assistant - DPT & PTA Programs
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The Administrative Assistant for Health Sciences Administration (HSA) and Physical Therapy Programs (Administrative Assistant) has the responsibility for providing administrative support for the health sciences administration, including the Vice President for Health Sciences and Dean and basic administrative support for the Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Assistant programs. This is a customer service oriented position where the administrative assistant may be the first point of contact for internal and external inquiries regarding the School.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the HSA.
- Coordinates with program directors on faculty and staff recruitment in all programs (physical therapy, physical therapy assistant, physician assistant, and surgical technology), including preparing and coordinating schedules, travel plans, and correspondence.
- Assist Human Resources with new employee onboarding for all new employees at the Fort Wayne Center for Health Sciences.
- Coordinate with Campus Safety and Parkview Security in leading campus safety procedures and drills.
- Assists the school's accreditation liaison when needed.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and reservations as needed for Vice President, Dean and physical therapy program directors.
- Assists and tracks budgets, requisitions, and business office forms.
- Plans and coordinates department receptions and functions
- Provides basic administrative support to physical therapy program staff and faculty.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 years of administrative experience
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.