Job Posting- Administrative Assistant - DPT Program- Ft. Wayne
Administrative Assistant - DPT Program
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The position of Administrative Assistant requires an individual who can provide academic and professional support within the program, school, university, and community. He/she must be committed to the centrality of a Trine University education and possess the ability to support faculty in achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship, outreach, and engagement. He/she should have a broad understanding of appropriate academic programs and potential future directions, as well as be flexible, visionary, creative and energetic. He/ she will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and management of admissions, clinical education, and accreditation. He/ she performs administrative duties to support the program and its administration, faculty, students and committees.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the DPT Program (Program) Director.
- Primary organizer of all incoming and outgoing communications of Program.
- Manages communication volume effectively and efficiently.
- Works collaboratively with Program Director and Directors of Clinical Education to establish, develop, and maintain relationships with applicants, students, community partners, and alumni.
- Primary coordinator with applicants to the Program
- Enthusiastically supports Program faculty with administrative tasks.
- Promote Program and DPT profession to potential students and community
- Active participant in department meetings and committees
- Assist in comprehensive and ongoing accreditation processes (especially self-assessment & analysis)
- Purchase program supplies and equipment; maintain department financial records
- additional duties and assignments as prescribed by the Program Director
- Enthusiasm for improving the Program every day
- Exceptional, clear, and direct verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of two (2) years of administrative support with a record of excellence
- High level of computer and computer software literacy required (MS Office with Excel, Access)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
This position requires occasional climbing, stooping, crawling, lifting, pulling and pushing loads of 50 lbs., carrying and climbing, reaching both high and low. Frequently requires walking, standing, and balancing. Constantly requires sitting, repititious finger and wrist movement, speaking clearly, hearing conversations, hearing (with acuity), seeing near and far with depth perception with color vision. Exerting 20-50 pounts of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, are required
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.