The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the academic and professional support for the College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CGPS). The position requires a high degree of organizational and interpersonal skills with a collaborative attitude and ability to form positive relationships with staff throughout the university. This individual should be flexible, visionary, creative, and energetic. The Administrative Assistant should also have high technology skills. Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision with excellent decision-making skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining and updating CGPS information in the university Course Catalog and on the college website
- Maintains documentation and communicates important dates and updated information to staff
- Creates, maintains and updates all student forms, degree control sheets, and updates documentation as necessary
- Maintain extensive knowledge of university, department policies and procedures, advising and monitoring as necessary to maintain compliance
- Collaborate with other departments regarding accreditation processes
- Assists the faculty qualifications committee with the hiring process and documentation of faculty
- Create and prepares all CGPS teaching contracts, yearly curriculum coordinators contracts and course development agreement forms for each term/year or as necessary
- Serves as point of contact for the Registrar and assists with registrations
- Monitors, loads and updates Graduate and Undergraduate course schedules and faculty assignments into Jenzabar database
- Coordinates meetings and appointments and arranges logistical requirements
Education and/or Experience
A minimum high school or GED diploma required with a minimum of four years of administrative support/business administration experience. Associates degree preferred.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.