Job Posting - Assistant Cheerleading Coach
Assistant Cheerleading Coach
Employee Type: Part-time
The Assistant Cheerleading Coach is responsible for providing assistance to the Director of Spirit Programs/Head Coach as it relates to recruitment, administration, instruction and training of the cheerleading team, which will perform at Trine football and basketball games, competitions, campus and community events throughout the year. Applicant should be knowledgeable in both tumbling and co-ed stunting.
- Assist the Director of Spirit Programs/Head Coach in all phases of the Trine Cheer program including but not limited to, recruiting the best possible student athletes, organizing practices and games, scheduling, supervision of academic progress, public relations, and compliance with University and American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators (AACCA) rules.
- Organize, implement and conduct practice, training, and workout procedures for the development and improvement of individual and team skills based on the AACCA regulations.
- Maintain appropriate records; fitness tests, grade reports, current fiscal year budget and Jenzabar entry and tracking.
- Organize and plan progressive cheer practices and performances.
- Foster student success by maintaining contact with student services, individual faculty members and athletes to insure academic progress and reasonable graduation rates.
- Develop and maintain a code of discipline and behavior in agreement with the Director of Spirit Programs/Head Coach. This includes informing student participants of their rights and responsibilities related to continued participation in the cheerleading program and in the classroom.
- Help Director of Spirit Programs recruit prospective student athletes from surrounding areas.
- Prepare and instruct program participants for the competition season.
Trine University is a small, private institution located in the beautiful lake resort region of northeastern Indiana. The mission of the University is to promote “intellectual and personal development, through professionally-focused and formative learning opportunities, preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve.” Trine University is proud of its reputation for providing graduates who immediately contribute to employment positions in both the public and private sectors.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.