Job Posting - Assistant Professor - Communication
Assistant Professor - Communication
Employee Type: Full-time
The Department of Humanities and Communication at Trine University invites applications for a full-time assistant professor in the field of communication. Trine is a private institute in northeast Indiana that prides itself on its 99% job placement rate for graduates.
Preferred candidates will have recent experience working in a communications field outside of higher education, as well as previous teaching experience. Special consideration will be given to those with a proven track record of working collaboratively on large-scale projects. The hire will prioritize a specialty in one or more of the following: film, game cultures, video production, web design, podcasting, social media or other digital media expertise. Other specialties will also be considered.
Trine values high quality teaching and university service. Service to the university can take many forms including: building partnerships on campus and in the community to facilitate student internships, advising student media work, managing the department’s social media presence, assisting in departmental activities, helping grow the Communication major, and partnering with other departments.
Although Trine University does not have tenure, faculty retention is outstanding.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recent professional work experience in a communication field
- A demonstrated record of excellence and innovation in teaching
- A commitment to service as a student advisor, student organization advisor, and active member of an undergraduate teaching team
- Willingness and expertise to work on curriculum revisions for the communication major in response to curricular and industry trends
- Terminal degree in Communication or closely related discipline. (Those with a Master’s will be considered.)
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health - medical, dental, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life insurance - a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1 ½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement - after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information for three references. Review of applications will start Sept. 30th and continue until the position is filled.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.