Assistant / Associate Professor in Communication
Assistant / Associate Professor - Communication
The Department of Humanities and Communication at Trine University invites applications for a full-time assistant/associate Communication professor position with a specialty in one or more of the following (1) PR; (2) New media; (3) Debate; or (4) Public Speaking. Trine is a private institution in northeast Indiana that prides itself on its 99% job placement rate for graduates.
Preferred candidates will have experience teaching communication in a variety of forms such as new media writing, public speaking, public relations, video production or web production. Special consideration will be given to those with additional experience in theater, debate, or forensics.
Service to the department and the university is highly valued. This can take many forms from advising student media, working in university sports broadcasting, advising student organizations, assisting with the many departmental activities, and helping to grow the Communication majors.
High quality teaching is our first priority; however, faculty members are expected to engage in professional development activities and develop/maintain appropriate industrial contacts, as well as significant student advising.
Although Trine University does not have tenure, faculty retention is outstanding.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional work experience in public relations or other relevant fields;
- A demonstrated record of excellence and innovation in teaching;
- Some background in theatre, acting, or stage production
- A commitment to service as a student advisor, student organization advisor, and active member of an undergraduate teaching team.
Education and/or Experience
A terminal degree in Communication or closely related discipline is preferred; Minimum qualification for the position is a Master’s degree in Communication or closely related discipline.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information for three references. Review of applications will start August 1, 2020 and continue until the position is filled
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health - medical, dental, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life insurance - a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1 ½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement - after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.