Assistant/Associate Professor, PA
Assistant/Associate Professor, Physician Assistant Program
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Trine University is seeking highly motivated, energetic, personable and optimistic full time 12 month faculty. We are looking for someone who is as passionate about the PA profession as we are and who is eager to pass on that enthusiasm to the next generation of PAs. The start date will be determined by mutual agreement.
Trine University’s new provisionally accredited program in Indiana’s second-largest city of Fort Wayne, will address a significant regional need for outstanding PA graduates. Supported by the region’s two largest health care systems, the program is based in the newly renovated, state-of-the-art Health Sciences Education Center on Parkview Hospital’s Randallia campus. The PA program is a key component of Trine University’s commitment to developing a world-class interdisciplinary education center in Fort Wayne.
Fort Wayne is home to more than 250,000 residents and is consistently cited for its high quality of life, low cost of living and warm Hoosier hospitality. Growing health care and life sciences sectors anchor the regional economy. The three-time All American City Award winner annually attracts millions of visitors to its many attractions, festivals, arts, parks and events. The city is nearly equal distance of around three hours from Chicago, Cincinnati and Detroit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a core member of the program faculty, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the design, planning, and assessment of the curriculum; teaching, advising and mentoring students; and engaging in scholarship and service activities.
- Be a physician assistant with master’s degree preferred, a current NCCPA certification and eligibility for licensure in Indiana. A bachelor’s degree will be considered if it is accompanied by an approved plan to complete a Master’s degree within 4 years.
- Be a physician with current eligibility or unrestricted license as an allopathic or osteopathic physician in Indiana, certified by an ABMS or AOA approved specialty board.
- Be a PhD basic scientist or hold other academic/doctoral qualifications and relevant academic/clinical experience and fit into the mix of the other professionals of the developing program.
Other requirements include:
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience preferred
- Strong organizational and computer skills
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details. The program also offers the opportunity for a clinical release day.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Projected starting date August 2018. Trine University reserves the right to verify academic (transcripts) and professional credentials prior to extending offers of employment.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.