Assistant Sports Information Director
Assistant Sports Information Director
The Assistant Sports Information Director (ASID) plays a key role on the team that is responsible for sports information and promotion of the university’s 36 competitive teams (27 of which compete in NCAA Division III). This includes the responsibility for ensuring that all obligations to conferences (e.g. MIAA), the NCAA or any other national governing bodies are met.
In accordance with the needs of the various Trine University athletics teams, and to raise the profile of the entire university, the Assistant Director will work under the direction of the Sports Information Director to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the news and sports media link between the university’s competitive teams, appropriate media outlets, conferences (i.e. MIAA), NCAA, opponents and Trine community.
- Coordinate game-day, event management, including keeping of statistics and other essential data and managing scoreboards where applicable
- Coordinate with the Trine Broadcasting Network team to ensure the highest quality possible live streams
- Complete the timely update of the athletic department web site including but not limited to news, scores, statistics, photographs, biographies, schedules, contact information, and upcoming events.
- Write and distribute post-game, pre-season outlook, season wrap-up, and recognition press releases to media outlets including hometown media outlets of Trine student/athletes.
- Support the team’s social media efforts.
- Work closely with colleagues in Marketing & Communications to strategize, implement, and accomplish a consistent and premier level of institutional, and Thunder athletic visibility.
- Oversee game-day press box, program sales, ticket personnel and media/radio accommodations.
- Report statistical information and results to the conference office and NCAA if applicable.
- Maintain accurate individual and team historical records, results, rosters, statistics and assist coaches in identifying and promoting opportunities of recognition
- Other duties, as assigned as by the SID, Assistant Director of Athletics and the Vice President for University Marketing & Communications.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Meaningful experience in collegiate sports information
- Thorough understanding of the collegiate sports media landscape
- Proven ability to manage and motivate student workers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and the ability to adhere to formal style guidelines
- Understanding of social media marketing and its value in a comprehensive digital strategy
- A keen interest in new technologies and trends
- Ability to think beyond traditional solutions and solve problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas with excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to promote the broader Trine University through effective athletics communications
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.