Job Posting - Audio Video Specialist/Summer Camp Coordinator
Audio Video Specialist/Summer Camp Coordinator
This position is dedicated to providing customer service for Trine University Audio Visual Technology and Summer Camp customers, including students, faculty, administration and guests. The Audio Video Specialist oversees audio visual equipment and systems on campus with responsibility for the performance hall, theatre, lecture hall, board room, conference room, banquet and athletic venues requiring mobile audio/video and computer equipment. The Audio Video Specialist will also be the Summer Camp Coordinator assisting our summer guests with their daily needs on campus and communicating those needs to the campus staff. The employee shall help with set up and tear down of events as needed. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently provide exemplary service as measured by customer feedback
- Interact with customers, faculty and staff, internal and external customers desiring to utilize spaces or assets on campus
- Review ASTRA/Space Management system reservations daily for AV needs and assist customers with those reservations.
- Install conference phones as needed for campus events.
- Oversee student employees in the audio visual services.
- Create and oversee AV calendar, scheduling student employees and external vendors as needed and submit to the Director of Event Service weekly
- Gather customer requirements and design A/V solutions that exceed the customers expectation
- Run A/V equipment including light, audio, video, PC, PowerPoint
- Create and upkeep Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) books in all A/V facilities.
- Troubleshoot and correct A/V issues during live events
- Contribute to the design of new media enhanced spaces, including meeting rooms, theatres, athletic facilities, and public spaces
- Use communication appropriate to audience delivered in a friendly and courteous manner with consistent positive attitude
- Install A/V and computer equipment, both mobile and permanent
- Perform problem root cause analysis and assist with implementing countermeasures to reduce incidents
- Troubleshoot and/or repair equipment and systems
- Oversee outside contractors/vendors when on site
- Work with Academic Technology to recommend, design and build, A/V standard solutions
- Work with IT to reserve computers and printers for events.
- Maintain A/V inventory
- Oversee work of outside contractors hired to run concerts or special events
- Review and approve event requests using Ad Astra
- Diagnose and repair hardware issues, engage vendors as required
- Provide customer with event accessories when event coordinator is not on site.
- Manage summer key inventory. Interact with customer on delivery and receiving of keys for summer camps.
- Work with the Director of Event Service to coordinate summer camp schedules and housing. Interact with summer camp customers to provide their daily necessities. Oversee summer staff to assist in providing summer camp needs. Coordinate those needs to campus staff.
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of personal computer and A/V technologies
- Experience in live-event management
- Advanced operation of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of audio and video design and installation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to empathize with customers of varying technical skill levels
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Great attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized fashion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Foster Trine University success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & associates, and by exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers desiring the use of Trine Facilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide excellent customer service so the customer feels comfortable and desires to return.
- Demonstrate the ability to audio or lighting layout for various types of events.
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills.
- Demonstrate use of computer (excel, Visio, word)
- Demonstrate the ability to work and promote a team environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and plan for current and future events
- Demonstrate the ability to provide instruction and direction to other team members
Education and /or Experience
- Three years’ experience in and audio visual service technology running sound and light controls.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Audio Engineering, Music Production or similar field is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- One year experience troubleshooting, repairing and operating fixed and commercial portable light and sound systems.
- Customer service or sales experience preferred, in addition to the above desired experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.