Job posting- Assistant Vice President and Dean of TrineOnline Enrollment
Assistant Vice President and Dean of TrineOnline Enrollment
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The AVP and Dean of TrineOnline Enrollment provides direct oversight of the entire enrollment management operation for TrineOnline and provides leadership in developing and implementing innovative recruitment strategies and initiatives designed to attract students to the undergraduate and graduate programs. The position is responsible for developing recruitment strategies and admission policies, to enroll a new class of students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The AVP and Dean of TrineOnline Enrollment must facilitate long-range planning using research and applied theory to analyze the market place and integrate best practices in recruitment strategies. The AVP and Dean of TrineOnline Enrollment must align recruitment and admissions activities with the University’s strategic plan, mission, vision and goals. In addition, the AVP and Dean of TrineOnline Enrollment must work independently and be able to proactively lead the TrineOnline Director of Admissions team to achieve enrollment growth.
- Supervises the Directors of Admission and support staff in accordance with the University’s policies and applicable laws.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Trine Online Marketing to develop plans and recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate with the V.P. of Enrollment Management in developing and maintaining the annual marketing direct-mail grid, working closely with the operations staff, admission staff and marketing in implementing mailings on a strategic, timely and cost efficient basis.
- Responsibilities may include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure annual recruitment goals are met
- Inspires staff through leadership to think creatively, adopt best practices and embrace continuous improvement. Address performance challenges and problems with proactive approach.
- Assists the Vice President of Enrollment Management with design, implement, and evaluation of a comprehensive, data-driven strategic recruitment plan.
- Understanding of academic structure articulation issues and degree requirements is essential.
- Provides updates and training on admissions, marketing, and recruitment to the Directors of Admission for TrineOnline.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of TrineOnline Marketing and Vice President to design an effective strategic marketing plan to recruit undergraduate and graduate students.
- Plans and supervises recruitment and application processing operations including: prospect-enrollment pipeline development; application review and follow-up; community college/corporate outreach; on and off-campus recruitment events.
- Manages the Slate CRM system and runs reports as requested by leadership.
- Develops and maintains a system of analyzing and tracking admission efforts.
- All other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree and a minimum of five years in higher education enrollment management.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to work independently and manage time effectively. Individuals must have strong customer service skills and be able to professionally communicate both written and verbally. Individuals must be able to convey enthusiasm and have a positive attitude.
A valid driver’s license is required, along with the ability to do significant traveling within the region. Experience working with computers is necessary and knowledge of software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jenzabar/EX, Slate, etc.) is a plus. Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Excellent oral communication skills are required and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of prospective students, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.